As webmasters, choosing a highly reliable web hosting company that fits into all your company requirements can be a very difficult task. There are so many web hosting companies in the online market but finding the right one can sometimes be deluging. I can only imagine that you already confused between DreamHost and HostGator ? Choosing a reliable host can save you a lot of time money and time down the courses. I’ll be comparing the performances and features of these two web host and ultimately help you find the right host for you. DreamHost and the HostGator are two of the most highly rated web hosting companies on the web and are seldom featured in the top review posts across the internet. In this article, I’ll compare credibility, customer support, user interface, features and pricing. Here is the HostGator vs DreamHost;
Comparing credibility in terms of who has been around for long. HostGator was founded by Brent Oxley in 2003, who was then a student at the Florida Atlantic University, as at the end of 2014, the HostGator had over 9 million websites data according to INC magazine.
DreamHost is a Los Angeles based web hosting provider, founded by Dallas Bethume, Michael Rodriguez, Sage Weil and Josh Jones in 1996. The company has accrued immense wealth and now has become one of the popular web hosting providers.
HostGator uses cPanel as its control panel while the DreamHost has a different control panel called the “web panel”, the cPanel comes with freebies which initially help newbies in setting up their websites without having to deal with any advanced control panel functions, in addition HostGator provides users with easy-to –understand video tutorial thus speeding up the time it takes for users to get associated with control panel. DreamHosts’ web panel require extra time for users to fully understand all of its functions, upon mastering it, you’ll love as it has additional features.
Technical support and customer care
Both companies aim to provide customer care in the best way possible but varies in the method adopted, for instance HostGator provides different methods such as through live chat and telephone call, in case of DreamHost, and you have to pay a monthly fee of $ 9.95 if you want to have a phone call based customer care support. So, if you consider the two hosting companies in term of customer care, DreamHost fall in this.
Even though these two web hosting companies have similarities in some aspects of web hosting, it’s clearly that HostGator outplays DreamHost we incorporate the he overall performance of different web hosting aspects.
Here’s why I recommend HostGator?
- 45-day money back guarantee, so there is no risk of losing hard earned money.
- High quality performance, speedy server and 99% uptime which ensures great access for you reader.
- No hidden terms and conditions regarding their plans, performance and prices.
- Ability to create unlimited email accounts associated with the customer’s brand.
- Accessible control panel that enable newbies create websites without dealing with control panel fixes.
- Security team which never fails in protecting their website from viruses and hacks.
- Excellent and available 24/7 customer support, thus a quick ticketing system that ultimately solves your queries with complete honesty.